July 15, 2009

My "Followers" aren't showing up on Twitter

So much for the excitement of having a Twitter Account to show off my blog - my followers just wouldn't show up on my account. As I am writing this blog five days after opening my twitter Account to public, I have 10 people following me.Or that is what Twitter tells me. Alas, I can see only five of them. From the look of the five profiles that show up on my Twitter Account, four of them are spammers and people who are least bothered about what I blog. Yes, I can see only five people there, even though Twitter tells me there are ten.

I googled a bit to see if there are people affected the same way as I am. I think there are many of them, who are frustrated at this as I am. I can at least see five of them who are following me. Some people can't see any of them.

And Twitter acknowledges the issue, in a very roundabout manner. They speak as though this happens only with protected accounts. And the solution they give applies only to those users who have a protected account. If you have a 'protected' account, let Twitter know "the user name of the protected account" and 'the user name(s) who have been not added to your list of followersafter accepting the follow request." They don't tell you how to let them know. Perhaps, you have to post it as a reply to the post on the issue. Now, I want to tell them this happens to even those users who have not protected their account. Users who have not protected their account can't see who tried to follow them, especially, like me, if they have disabled their email notifications. Then, how will I let Twitter know? I have no clue!!

May be this is because I had my account protected once, as Twitter tells me? I think it is more than that. Twitter accepts there is a 'database lag' Database Lag? Yes, it is. It looks like Twitter Database is overflowing. Or is it that there is a 'clash' of data or bug on the database that many things don't get recorded? So follower counts are registered when followers are not.

And one more thing I realized as I was reading the help forum from Twitter on this issue - if you can't see them on your follower list they just are not following you. They might have tried following you and the follower count is registered. But if they are not on your list, they are not there at all.

I hope Twitter will soon come up with a solution to this.

22 comments:

  1. My account is doing the same thing. It says I have 21 followers and only 15 show up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3/3/11
    I am new to twitter, I get lots of followers sent to my email but are not showing up inside my twitter account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My account is doing the same thing and its getting on my nerves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got 723 followers and I should have like 900 but its not going up

    ReplyDelete
  5. I regularly get mails saying XYZ is now following you on Twitter. But when I look in the list, they don't show up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same thing here. Got emails from some very promiscuous looking females w sexual websites posted. whatev's. so lame..i didnt sign up for THAT on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am having same problem. Is there actually a solution for this anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  8. SAME problem - getting almost daily emails about random people following me but they don't show up under my "followers" when I log into my account. This is becoming a BIG issue - we are using Twitter school-wide for a professional learning network ... this is making it pretty sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SAME problem - getting almost daily emails about random people following me but they don't show up under my "followers" when I log into my account. This is becoming a BIG issue - we are using Twitter school-wide for a professional learning network ... this is making it pretty sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same here daily emails of followers but they don't show up....probably going to delete account and set up a new one...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the exact same problem.
    But I can send direct messages to celebs does that mean they're following me too? O.o

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah I was followed by two minor celebs after tweeting them a short fan appreciation thank you and they don't show up on my followers list, along with the radio station that followed me for some reason, I like barely get on twitter it's just hooked into my tumblr but still what's good about having minor celebs follow you if no one can see that they are?

    ReplyDelete
  13. No one shows up on my follower list that says I have 185 followers. Just the page and shows 0 (none) followers?? Does anyone have an answer? This link no longer has any info, so it does NOT help! >> (the actual link from above>> https://support.twitter.com/forums/31935/entries/37611 )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the same problem. Has anyone tweeted to them about this? Not sure if we have people tweeting this issue can cause a stir for them to do something about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Same problem here people and companies following me are not showing up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's September 2013 now and this problem is still occurring. Surely Twitter should have resolved this by now?

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's October 2014 and I still have the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have had 500 emails of followers! Only 130 showing for months now?

    ReplyDelete
  19. It takes time to grow on Twitter but not for me; I am using WizUgo com for my Twitter account automation. It can work for you 24*7 with its autopilot feature. Scheduled Tweets, Following, and even un-following were never so easy on Twitter. Wizugo can do everything, and now I am maintaining a perfect account with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  20. https://www.brandarena.com.ng/2016/08/twitter-vine-and-periscope-debut-rio.html?showComment=1644335134898#c2811792848629199672

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gangaur Realtech is a professionally managed organisation specializing in real estate services where integrated services are provided by professionals to its clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. Miamisuperhero

    ReplyDelete

What do you think of what
I wrote?

How to prevent ad-type.google.com from ruining your reading experience?

Ad-type.google.com is a nuisance. It is the meanest possible click fraud one would ever encounter online. It affects your browsing experien...